Avoid the trip to a Mexican restaurant and make your own enchilada sauce at home, while sparing the calories.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients Yields 1 ½ cups
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 ½ tsp Taco Blend
- On medium heat, add oil to pan.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk constantly to make a roux, thick paste.
- Slowly add chicken stock and tomato sauce and continue to whisk.
- Add spices and stir until no lumps remain.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes uncovered and slightly thickened.
Tips: Use to make enchiladas, soups, nachos and other dishes.