Make your favorite Mexican restaurant dish in the comfort of your own home.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients Serves 8
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced (white or Vidalia)
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans or black beans (I use refried beans)
- 8 large flour or corn tortillas (I use flour)
- 3-4 cups Mexican cheese
- 1 recipe enchilada sauce found here or 1 can of store-bought enchilada sauce
- 2 ½ tsp Taco Blend
- Cilantro (Parsley can be used if you do not prefer Cilantro)
- Chopped onion (Red or White)
- Diced Avacado
- Sour Cream
- Cojita or Queso Fresco Cheese
- Heat pan on medium to high heat and cook diced onions in olive oil until they are tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until almost done.
- Add green chiles and refried beans and stir until incorporated. Sprinkle Taco blend and stir into meat.
- In another dish have your enchilada sauce ready. You can dip your tortilla shell in the enchilada sauce or just spread the sauce on the tortilla.
- Layer meat mixture and cheese mixture and roll the tortilla into a burrito and lay seam down in a 9 x 13 pan. Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of tortillas in the pan and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings.